Criminal LawPreferred links
Airdrie Lawyers identifies a range of firms serving Airdrie, Coatbridge, Cumbernauld and Lanarkshire many of whom can offer assistance with criminal court work.
If you have been charged with a crime, or if you think that you are going to be, then you should contact a criminal lawyer immediately. The vast majority of criminal solicitors will represent you in cases at the District Court, Sheriff Court and High Court.
Whether you live in live in Airdrie, Coatbridge, Motherwell, Hamilton, Wishaw, Bellshill, Holytown, Newmains, Newarthill, New Stevenston or beyond some of the lawyers listed on this site are able to provide expert advice on all areas of criminal law. Whether you have been charged with a minor offence or a serious crime it is advisable that you seek advice and representation from a solicitor. It is also vital that your solicitor is able to listen to you to ensure you receive the advice and representation you need to achieve a positive resolution.
In particular lawyers who are experts in criminal law can provide you with legal advice in connection with all issues in relation to criminal law such as:
- Crimes of violence: murder, attempted murder, culpable homicide, common assault or assault to sever injury
- Drug Offences: possession of small amount for personal use, or possession with intent to supply or the most serious being drug trafficking
- Sexual Offences: rape, child abuse, historic sexual offences, grooming, child pornography etc.
- Crimes of dishonesty: fraud, theft, shoplifting, benefit fraud or embezzlement
- Road traffic offences: speeding, drink driving, driving while using your mobile or any other offences
- Fatal Accident enquiries: these happen following a sudden or suspicious death or any deaths which the Procurator Fiscal wishes to be looked in to
- Offensive weapons
- Domestic violence charges
- Breach of the peace
If you have been charged in relation to any of the crimes listed above or any further crimes, then you should contact a criminal solicitor or lawyer. The law firms listed on Airdrie Lawyers serve clients in Airdrie and the surrounding areas including Motherwell, Bellshill, Wishaw, Cumbernauld and Coatbridge.
Criminal lawyers and solicitors can normally offer Criminal Legal Aid to assist in funding the defence of your case to minimise any hardship that would otherwise be caused. In Lanarkshire there are a number of criminal courts including Airdrie Sheriff Court, Motherwell District Court, Hamilton Sheriff Court, Coatbridge District Court and Lanark Sheriff Court. Please get in touch with any of the listed lawyers to discuss any advice you require. Most criminal lawyers in Airdrie, Coatbridge and Cumbernauld will be able to assist you with your criminal case, whether it is to be heard in one of these courts, or elsewhere in Scotland.