Compensation ClaimsPreferred links
If you have suffered a personal injury through no fault of your own and wish to make a personal injury compensation claim you should contact a lawyer or solicitor immediately as the law limits your time to make such a claim, so do not hesitate to make a claim now. This site identifies a number of lawyers in the Airdrie area who can advise in relation to compensation and personal injury claims for clients in Airdrie and the surrounding areas such as Coatbridge, Motherwell, Wishaw, Bellshill, Cumbernauld, Larkhall, and Uddingston.
There are numerous types of accidents that can result in a personal compensation claim. Some of the more common types of accidents include:
- Road Traffic accidents- numerous people can make claims for compensation because they have been involved in a road traffic accident. You can make a claim if you were the driver, passenger or pedestrian and were injured due to someone else’s negligence.
- Accidents at work- One of the most common places injuries occur. You can make a claim for work related injuries that are caused by lifting, machinery, repetitive strain injury, exposure to substances, tripping, slipping or falling or any other type of injury that you were not to blame for.
- Trips and falls in public places- if you have suffered a fall or have slipped outside your home you may be able to make a claim for compensation. For example if you have slipped on a slippery substance in the supermarket or fell due to unsafe stairs and so on then you could make a claim as you are owed a duty of care from the person, company or authority responsible.
- Criminal injuries compensation- you may be entitled to make a claim if you have suffered a physical or mental injury as a result of a crime of violence. A crime of violence may include assault, wounding, injuries from crimes of arson and so on.
- Medical negligence- if you have been injured or suffered a loss due to the negligence of a doctor, surgeon, nurse, dentist and so on then you may be entitled to compensation.
- All other compensation claims
Airdrie Lawyers identifies solicitors in Airdrie and the surrounding areas such as Coatbridge and Cumbernauld, who can assist with compensation claims in each of these categories.
There are three stages required to make a personal injury claim:
- A person owes you a duty of care and that duty wasn’t met
- You were injured or sustained a loss due to their action or inaction
- There is a clear link between their actions and your injury
It is important that your compensation lawyer or solicitor has the experience to be able to take you through each of these steps to ensure you obtain the level of compensation you are correctly entitled to for your personal injury.
Whether you live in live in Airdrie, Coatbridge, Motherwell, Hamilton, Wishaw, Bellshill, Uddingston, Bothwell, Newarthill, Cumbernauld, Glasgow or beyond, some of the lawyers listed on this site have experience in dealing with minor claims to high value claims. They have the required negotiating skills for non-court actions and the experience in pursuing claims through the courts, thus are able to provide expert advice in relation to compensation claims.
Solicitors and lawyers who deal with compensation claims may offer to act either on a no win no fee basis or on the basis of legal aid. You should ask the lawyer dealing with your compensation claim whether their law firm are able to offer to act on a no win no fee basis or if you qualify for legal aid.